Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Synchronicity - kd


It always interests me to see the differences in Carol's work and my own. We often share similar sources of inspiration, but how they are expressed in our respective work couldn't be more different... that is until I saw the piece of crushed aluminum she posted (see below http://carolkaryl.blogspot.com/2009/08/material-matters-3-cw.html ). It really is quite like the this one particular Moonshell, which I had been meaning to photo before I finish it. It shows how I've been using more and more layers of varnish to build up the surface.
The beauty of Carol's aluminum piece comes from wear, something bent and broken down, whereas the Moonshell is the result of something which has been built up over time. Oddly enough, the two works manage to meet in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment